Did you know Norfolk County Council has funded a new adult weight management service, specifically for men. MAN v FAT Challenge is a digital weight loss service focusing on Nutrition, Exercise and Building Healthy Habits.
Each week you’ll be set new challenges by your Coach to complete at home, in your own time. You’ll go head to head against other teams to win the league with prizes and medals for rewarding your efforts along the way!
To claim your free space visit www.manvfatchallenge.co.uk
MAN v FAT Challenge is a remote weight loss programme, based around three core principles:
- Nutrition – Each team will be challenged each week to create a meal from scratch around a theme. They have to upload picture evidence on their Members Area of them taking part in the challenge to earn points for their team. Each team’s best dish can be put forward to earn bonus points.
- Exercise – Each team will be challenged each week to complete the exercise challenge that they are set. They must also complete a workout in The Other Room Virtual Gym and a freestyle 30-minute exercise of their choice.
- Building Healthy Habits – Players receive points for filling in their scorecard. Along with exercise and nutrition challenges, we also set tasks based on building habits such as tracking food and signposting your team to other MAN v FAT resources, such as manvfat.com, the MvF Podcast, MAN v FAT Talks, SilverCloud and more. We also introduce the concept of NEAT calorie burn and include a self-care square. This creates a holistic approach to lifestyle change.
Teams compete for the division title over 14 weeks and team members will be supporting each other throughout, as well as being supported by your division coach. Challengers can also win individual awards and we look to celebrate individual success as well as team success.
Man V Fat Football
MAN v FAT Football is the UK’s leading male weight loss programme, supporting thousands of blokes every week to get into shape, supported by a community of likeminded men just like you!
Men will play small sided football games on a weekly basis for the right to be crowned champions in their MAN v FAT league – but it’s not just based on football abilities. Far from it!
Weight loss is a core element of your time with us and, each week, any losses contribute to bonus goals that can switch the result of their match around!
The accountability to their teammates ensures that MAN v FAT Football keeps guys focussed on their weight loss and supported by their teammates and their league coach, the men are giving meaningful nutrition and diet guidance to help them achieve their targets.
There is also access to a wide range of member benefits, which come together to contribute to a rounded wellbeing package that has significant impacts.
We have men from 18 through to their late 60s participating in the programme, so it’s a real community effort – so why not give it a go?
Leagues available in:
- Great Yarmouth | Saturday | 10:00 – 12:00 | Lynn Grove Academy (starting 15th January 2022)
- King’s Lynn | Friday | 19:00 | Alive Lynn Sport
- Norwich | Friday | 19:30 – 21:30 | Thorpe St Andrew High School
- Norwich West | Tuesday | 19:00 – 21:00 | The FDC Bowthorpe
- Thetford | Tuesday | 19:00 – 21:00 | Breckland Leisure Centre (starting 11th January 2022)