Due to COVID-19 restrictions, flu clinics will be very different this year.
We are planning to do more frequent dates with smaller numbers of patients, some in the afternoons and some at the weekends.
Please do not ring the surgery to book an appointment as we have not had the vaccine delivery dates confirmed by the suppliers yet. Once we have confirmation, we will ring you with a few dates to try and accommodate your wishes.
When you have your confirmed date, please note below:
- Attend on your own unless you need help in mobilising.
- Walk to the practice if you are able to. If you do need to drive, please be considerate of our neighbours if you park in the local area.
- Do not arrive early or late for your appointment time: we have allocated a strict number of patients per period to ensure that people are queueing for the minimum of time and social distancing is maintained.
- Please wear a face covering. If you are exempt from wearing a mask, please be prepared to provide evidence of this.
- We encourage you not to touch anything in the practice. Bring your own hand sanitiser to use should you wish to.
- Please follow the instructions for queuing. The queue will be controlled to ensure social distancing. If you are in a wheelchair or have very limited mobility, please make yourself know to the staff managing the queue.
- If it is raining on the day, please come prepared with an umbrella as the queue will be outside for a short period of time.
- There will be no chairs available to sit while waiting, and you will not be able to sit whilst having the vaccination (for infection control). If you think you will struggle with this, please speak to the staff on arrival.
- Wear clothing which makes it easy to expose your upper arm. The vaccinations will be given in the doorways of the rooms to comply with infection control.
- Do not attend if you or any members of your household have symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been told to isolate. Contact us the following week and we will rebook you when you are able to leave isolation.
- Please heed the instructions of the staff who are supervising the patient flow – they are there for your safety.
Please work with us to enable a safe and effect flu clinic. Thank you